Tuesday, November 15, 2011

call me mrs. h

The idea of that is still so foreign...I'm now Mrs. H. The last name I had for the first 25 years of my life is now just poof, gone, vanished in the blink of an eye. I mean, I knew this was coming. I was engaged for 3 years. But I guess I was more focused on the wedding than on taking on a whole new identity. Before the wedding, I couldn't wait to take on his last name. I was totally ready to throw my old last name out, I was done with it. But now, I realized I shouldn't have been so hasty. Don't get me wrong, I still adore my new last name... I just kinda miss my old one. It was the name I shared with my family, the name everyone knew me by. It's just something that'll take some getting used to..like lots of other things this new, exciting married life will bring.


So, what's there to do now that there's no more wedding to plan? Well, what I'm most excited about is cooking! Now that I have the time, I want to experiment...try out a few new things and revisit some old favorites. Also, there's still a whole bunch of decorating to be done in our new place- which also means crafty projects and shopping (love and double LOVE). Besides all that, there's just going to be all those other fun adventures being a newlywed brings. And of course, I plan on documenting all of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment