Monday, December 5, 2011

she's crafty

Yesterday was an ornament making extravaganza!




First, I'll start off by saying that whenever a project is started whatever time was allotted should be automatically multiplied by 3! I had these ridiculous goals of finishing about 30 ornaments AND making cupcakes. Well, I need to start setting smaller goals because I was only able to get 7 ornaments done. In my defense, I had to run some errands in the morning so I had a later start time than expected.




I started off the day with this little guy. He's a squid, I guess. He was supposed to be an octopus but I got lazy with the legs..oops. I made his frame with thin wire, covered him with masking tape to bulk him up and then paper mâchéd him with a cheap book.




This one seemed a whole lot easier to make on paper. Just paper mâché a glass ball, right? It's time consuming, messy, and it was hard to match up the leopard print. The finished product is worth it though.







My felt creations came super cute. They both just consisted of cutting shapes, gluing, and the owl required stuffing and sewing around the edges. Not to bad. Next felt ornament project- Zombies!





The Alice in Wonderland frames were by far the quickest and cheapest to make. These frames were found in a $1 clearance bin and the images were printed off the Internet. Place photo in frame, attach string for hanging in back, and done!

The whole day spent making these was WORK, but fun. My favorite cousin was over making her own ornaments as well..so we popped in a Christmas movie, had some snacks and we were good to go. I guess it's not such a bad thing that I need to schedule another ornament making day!

No comments:

Post a Comment