Thursday, December 29, 2011

happy holidays

I anticipated being busy the days leading up to Christmas and boy, was I right! I'm not sure why, but no matter how much preparation is done in advance there's always a ton of little last minute things to do. It was all very well worth it though..

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all spent enjoying the holiday festivities. First, it was the holiday lunch at work along with Secret Santa. Lucky for me, they also let us leave early because I had some cupcakes to make! After the car bomb cupcakes (recipe coming soon) were done, I was ready for round 2 of the gift exchange..this time with friends. They definitely hooked me up but I was most excited to give my friend her peanut butter themed gift basket. I packed the basket with a peanut butter cookbook, peanut butter sauce, peanut butter vodka- yum!, and homemade peanut butter (again, recipe coming soon) that I was very impressed with..especially since it was my first stab at it. Some pizza, 3 bottles of wine, and a dance central marathon later day 1 of the holiday extravaganza was over.

Saturday morning was spent trying to wrap a rather large tv box, packing up the car, and heading off to mom and dads for a Christmas eve tradition- laying on the couch with loads of snacks and hot chocolate with a marathon of Christmas movies. This tradition never seems to disappoint! It was the most relaxing day ever, with the exception of some last minute ornament making. And the gift exchange went well too! My parents didn't put up to much of a fight when they opened their new tv. Hubby and I also exchanged our gifts on christmas eve and he definitely spoiled me! He got me the two things I wanted most-


the Vera Bradley duffle


and my new camera!!! He's the best.

Then it was time for the big day- Christmas! It was so nice to wake up with my favorite guy and just have it be the two of us, enjoying our first Christmas morning as Mr. and Mrs (and our 9th in total). We opened presents that his family had sent, laid around, wrapped some last minute gifts, and then it was off to see the family who we haven’t seen since our wedding. It was nice to be welcomed to “Mr. and Mrs. H are here” and “Here come the newlyweds!”. It was also a welcomed change of pace since they catered in yummy, delicious Italian food (finally got to try a stuffed artichoke!) and we didn’t do anything. Just lounged around and hung out (that seems to be becoming a theme with this holiday weekend). Then, we did something we never do on Christmas- party hopped! We went to see the other side of my family, my parents, and brother. Since it’s always a good time with them we ended up staying out MUCH later than originally intended. I think we walked through the door at 1 a.m..ugh.



So, now that Christmas is over and all of the eating is done I now have to really focus on losing weight. Since our wedding (2 months ago) I’ve probably put on an additional 5 lbs on top of the 10 lbs I had gained pre-wedding. Oh joy! I’m currently 3 days into counting points (ala weight watchers) and I’m staying on track, mostly because I now have some motivation. What’s this motivation you ask? Well, I was very generous to myself this Christmas season and booked our first little getaway! 4 marvelous days at the Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas (that’s one check off the to-do list for 2012). Since we’ll be joined by our favorite travel buddies and sharing a room, the price was just too good to pass up. I cant wait!!! Now all I have to do is get skinny…

No comments:

Post a Comment