Thursday, March 8, 2012

how do you take your eggs?

I like mine weird.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm all for your standard breakfast meat, cheese, and egg combo but I'm definitely not opposed to switching things up and throwing in some offbeat ingredients once in a while. I have eggs, more specially egg whites, almost every day so it's almost to be expected that I get a little tired of the typical.

This week I had a situation. I wanted eggs and didn't have to much to throw in with them. A plain cheese omelet just wouldn't do so what was left to do but get creative?


I had my favorite Mexican salad leftover and wanted to incorporate that somehow into my breakfast and a little protein never hurts. So, I layered a chicken patty, egg whites and topped it with a salad. Better than I thought it would be..


Next up was this scramble that was purely a way to use up some leftovers. I had made a ton of chicken curry and rice and it was either incorporate it into breakfast or toss it out. So, a few egg whites scrambled in there topped with sour cream made a marvelous, and filling, breakfast.


This was my personal favorite..I stumbled upon spinach veggie nuggets last week while grocery shopping and have been trying to find ways to use them. What better way than in some egg whites? The results- awesome!


And eggs aren't just for breakfast anymore. I've become obsessed with burgers topped with an over easy egg. The soft yolk dripping down onto the meat does something that's purely magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment