Monday, March 26, 2012

monday..already?

I truly can’t believe it. This weekend flew by in the blink of an eye..and that’s, what’s the word I’m looking for- oh yea, atrocious. I like to savor a weekend, try to make it last for as long as possible so when I don’t get that I’m automatically put in a bad mood. I’m in such a bad mood this morning that hearing Bruno Mars’ “It Will Rain” from two different radios, one 3 beats behind the other, is making me want to punch something. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating…but I’m not a happy camper.

So, what happened this weekend? Saturday was a yucky morning, for all sorts of reasons, so lounging/naps were required. We finally ventured off the couch at 2 to start getting ready for our 5:30 dinner reservation with the parents. What? It takes me some time to get ready…

Photobucket
{entire outfit from NY&Co.- think I shop there too much?}

The 5 of us all could finally get our schedules to align so we could take them out to Teller’s to say thank you for helping us, ever so generously, with our wedding. Good times were had…

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1. the Dad's 2. our parting gift 3. Mom & her fish 4. 38 oz. bone in ribeye 5. pinot 6. & 7. yummy sides
{not pictured- duck fat french fries, diver scallops & mushrooms, and Founders Dirty Bastard Ale- all were devoured too quickly}

Hubby required a quick trip to the mall Sunday afternoon and I really didn’t anticipate buying anything except a new liquid eyeliner from Sephora. It could’ve been a lot worse but I walked out with all this

Photobucket

Why does that always happen?

I don’t know how I did it but Sunday night I also convinced hubby to do a double date to the movies to see Hunger Games..and that’s saying A LOT, he hates movies. Hunger Games was amazingly good..and hubby stayed awake through the whole movie!! He refuses to admit that he liked it but the fact that he was able to do that at least means he was into it.

Now it’s Monday. Back to work, grocery lists, and all of our other normal weekday routines. I’m gonna try to make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment