Thursday, March 22, 2012

spring has sprung


Spring is finally in full swing! We’ve had almost an entire week with the temperature getting into the 60’s. It’s so nice to not have to wear a coat everyday..I’m so ready for this season.

Every year I always have a laundry list of things to do and places to go in the warm weather. Here’s this year’s list.

1. beach day in Fire Island
2. trip to Montauk Point (fishing, lighthouse, beach)
3. brunch at Bayard Cutting arboretum
4. go to the Scottish games at Old Westbury Gardens
5. plant a flower bed and maybe buy a pretty spring wreath
6. go to the herb farm and figure out how to grow herbs inside
7. strawberry picking
8. spend a day out at the vineyards- north or south shore, haven’t decided
9. Riverhead Polish festival in August, mainly to acquire lots of perogies
10. Mystic, CT seaport and/or aquarium..hopefully seaport.
11. have a leisurely dinner at Prime watching the boats come into Huntington harbor
12. St. Thomas!!
13. San Francisco!!

I’m going to try to accomplish as many as I possibly can. I’ll be thrilled if I can do them all.


Now, if only this early morning fog would be replaced by that freshly rained on grass smell then it would truly feel like spring. Until then, I’ll just enjoy the pleasantly eerie drive to work

No comments:

Post a Comment