Tuesday, September 4, 2012

back to school work

It was only a 3 day weekend but for some odd reason it feels like I haven’t stepped foot in this office in quite some time, way longer than 3 days. Maybe it’s that whole after labor day, back to school feeling I still get even though I haven’t had a back to school experience in about 6 years or so. Odd..

Our days this past weekend we’re spent doing nothing in particular..mainly relaxing and spending time with friends, or by ourselves (which is always much needed). The weekend’s main event was a wood splitting party on Sunday where the men well, split wood while us ladies sat back and watched. Let me tell you though..it was hard work trying out all those different beers in the cooler. The pomegranate raspberry one was my favorite. Too bad it’s probably going to be impossible to find until next summer. Damn seasonal beers.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My big craft weekend plans also had to be extended into a craft week (or 2). Little projects that seem like they’ll take no time always, alwayyysss take at least double the amount of time you think they will. And those big projects? Better quadruple that time budget. It didn’t help that on Saturday (the day most of the stuff was supposed to get done) I found out that the fabric paint liked to dry on the foam I picked up for my bicycle stamp within seconds so no stamping got done. I also may or may not have gotten caught up in sobbing like a baby every 5 minutes or so while watching P.S I love you. Don’t judge me… {Note to self- sappy love movies are a no bueno while crafting. Always stick with horror, it’s never steered you wrong before.} Between failing and crying I did manage to make the bow for my belt, cut out the bicycle stamp, test it, cut the fabric for the skirt, and test the paint on my shoes. Not too shabby.

Photobucket

The conclusion to our weekend was probably my favorite. It consisted of all of us (hubby, the pup, and I) curled up in bed, watching Jeff Dunham (hilarious!!!), discussing all of our plans for the next few months. We have something fun to look forward to just about every weekend until November. I live for a packed schedule. Especially when it’s filled with fall festivals, parties, concerts, trips, and all things Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment