Sunday, April 29, 2012

date night

Last week, the hubby and I had, in my opinion, a perfect little date night. It didn’t include getting dressed up, going out to a fabulous restaurant, or tickets for any event (don’t get me wrong..I love all that stuff. Hubby, please don’t stop doing all of those wonderful things I just mentioned because you think I don’t like it…K, thanks.).

It just involved us, the couch, take-out sushi, and DVRed episodes of The Voice that desperately needed catching up on. It was so exciting.. Sushi is a big deal for us since our normal order will end up costing around 70 to 80 dollars by the time we’re done. A pretty pricey dinner if you ask me. That’s why it’s a rarity and why we also get so giddy that we walk around saying Suuuuuuuuushiiiii!!!!! whenever one of us catches the other’s eye. Another rarity in our household- Ryan agreeing to spend the night doing nothing but watch tv. That’s about as common as seeing a rainbow..it’ll maybe happen a few times a year. Apparently, The Voice will bring out the inner couch potato in that boy because after dinner all he wanted to do was catch up on previous week’s episodes. Have I mentioned how much I love that show?

So at 6 p.m, geared up in our sweats.. sushi in hand, we plopped down on the couch and proceeded to enjoy the best weeknight date I’ve had in quite a while.

  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment