Tuesday, April 3, 2012

still feeling okay

I must say, I’m extremely proud of myself that I haven’t had a little freak out episode so far this week. But if I had, believe me, it would have been completely warranted.

As far as work goes, I anticipated this last week before vacation to be laid back, to say the least. I had every intention of leaving my desk empty on Friday afternoon when I walked out. Needless to say, that’s not what’s going to happen. Due to some unforeseen circumstances 2 of the 3 people I work with in my department have been out since yesterday, leaving me with the one person who can’t help me do my job. Oh, and did I mention we have a new business deadline coming up tomorrow?

Photobucket

Tonight, even though my heads still spinning from the insanity of the office I still managed to start my pre-packing process


Photobucket

(putting outfits together, trying things on-I’m a planner, I can’t help myself) and make a dinner that actually required some prep work & cooking.

Photobucket

Let’s talk about this dinner for a minute, shall we..

I wanted to make something tonight that had no carbs (ok, maybe very little carbs), something that was warm (no salads here), something quick (or at least semi-quick), and something that was (most importantly) appetizing. Do you know how long it took to come up with something?? Almost an entire day!! I finally found this awesome chicken recipe on Skinnytaste and went for it. It's a great concept, it really is, and the flavors are definitely there but there were some hang ups. I'm not sure why but there was not enough stuffing AT ALL. I know it's supposed to be healthy and low-fat but really? How bad could a little more low-fat cheese and zucchini be? The temperature and cooktime were also too high and too long. They were just a wee bit overdone but that could be because my chicken pieces were a little smaller.

Oh well, thankfully I was too tired to be hungry.

I hope this week can make a come back and turn into something a little more awesome than what it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment