Tuesday, April 17, 2012

st. thomas

Starting where I left off in this post with my little recap of our trip…we boarded the plane and I went into full blown MacGyver mode to fix my poor, broken bag. A key ring and a string from my sunglass pouch later and all was right in the world. I could sit back and enjoy the 3 ½ hour flight.
Photobucket
So, we land (obviously) after an uneventful, and foodless, few hours. Little did I know we had to walk off the plane down some slippery, rain soaked stairs onto the runway (sorry wedges, I’m NEVER flying with you on my feet ever again) instead of the usual nice covered ramp. Next step- baggage claim. I ended up bringing a duffle bag in lieu of a suitcase ..which Ryan told me not to bring (because it was new and kind of pricey)..but do I listen? No…so guess what happened? Of course it was ripped. And of course the airline doesn’t cover damage to duffle bags. Ok, next mission- find sewing kit.

This trip sounds fantastic so far, doesn’t it? I promise you, it wasn’t as bad as I’m probably making it out to be and any irritating situations that did occur that morning seemed to drift away once we walked into the lobby of the Ritz. The ambiance, service, even the fresh beachy smell all exceeded my expectations. Our primary goal this vacation was to relax and relax was what we did. The 1 full day and 2 half days we spent at the resort were filled with beach, pool, and jacuzzi time, fantastic (although overpriced) meals- and drinks. We even had time to lay in bed and rent a movie one afternoon because all of us were just way to sunburned to do anything else.

All in all, it was a great little getaway and would I go back? To the island…yes, but even though I raved about it, I’d pick a different hotel. Yes, I know, it’s the friggin Ritz but let’s be real…I’m not THAT classy. I like a little bit of a rowdy nightlife and I like a cheap slice of pizza that doesn’t require a reservation. I’m also a sucker for an amazing beach that’s located at the resort which shockingly, they didn’t have. Oh well, we still enjoyed some beautiful scenery, ate amazing food, and came back well rested so who am I to complain?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment