Friday, April 13, 2012

i had good intentions

One thing that bothers me, almost more than anything else, is when things don’t go as planned. I, unfortunately, am a planner. I’m sorry…I can’t help it. It’s gotten to the point where I have a running itinerary on just about a daily basis. Monday morning, the day we left for our trip, was no different.

Surprisingly, it started off rather smoothly. We left our apartment at 5:30..well, actually 5:40 (10 minutes later than anticipated) but we still made it to our friends house at 6 o’clock on the dot (as planned) so no harm, no foul. They were awake, ready to go, and just having a quick cup of coffee….so far so good. We get going and there was no traffic on the Belt Parkway on the way to the airport (miraculous, I know). Now, here’s when things start to go downhill. If everything went as planned we would have breezed through check-in and security and had PLENTY of time to stop, get breakfast and maybe a Cravory cookie or two, and write a quick post from the airport saying my glorious farewell from scenic gate 33 from the American Airlines terminal at JFK.

Obviously, that’s not what happened. In reality, we walk into the airport and start the check-in process. Almost immediately the strap on my bag breaks. More specifically, the metal hoop that connected the strap to the bag broke in pieces. [Side note- this is not the first time a bag has broken on me at the airport. I must not have good luck with this] It was repairable but not without some tape and god knows they’re not going to be selling tape at airports since terrorist have obviously figured out that tape is just as effective as handcuffs. Damn terrorists…

So, I’m stuck carrying my big giant bag through security under my arm along with my carry on while attempting to get my ID and boarding pass a dress and wedges. You can probably imagine the sight I was. Security was a non-issue, thank the dear lord. If it was I might’ve broken down. Although, I was a little caught off guard that we were selected to go through the x-ray security doohickey. At that point, I didn’t care who saw me naked. I just wanted to get past it and to the gate. Speaking of the gate..we had QUITE the walk to get to it and when we did..guess what? The flight was almost fully boarded. So, there went all of my planning right out the window. No time to get some food or other miscellaneous goodies and no time for blog posting. Forget that, there wasn’t even any time for a bathroom break. The only thing we had time to do was get to the back of the boarding line and get on the plane.

Goes to show that all the planning in the world means nothing. We got there an hour and 50 minutes before our flight and everything was thrown off course due to broken bag stress and our flight coming in early. Oh well..we still got to our destination and had an AMAZING time, with the exception of some sunburn. I’ll go into more detail about our trip in the days to come but for right now I’m just missing this beach like crazy.

& P.S- it’s a horrible idea to come into work on a Friday when you’ve been away Monday through Thursday. I have no desire to do anything and I’m all thrown off because I keep thinking it’s Monday. Oh well, only 5 more hours…

No comments:

Post a Comment