Friday, July 13, 2012

drawing a blank

Photobucket

Let’s talk about how some days coming up with a blog topic is way easier said than done. Today happens to be one of those days. So, what’s a clueless blogger to do in a situation like this? Write about how craptacular in can be to come up with a decent topic. Awesome.

Sometimes, as I’m sure everyone does, I get stuck in a rut. I feel like I get caught in a trap of writing about the same old stuff..which consists mostly of my day to day goings on (snoozefest, I know) and I want to switch things up. That’s when my brain stops working. I always want to post a tutorial of something crafty to make (my list of “to make” is becoming quite long) but then that involves going to the store to buy supplies which I inevitably procrastinate on and then there goes that idea. Or I’ll want to post a yummy recipe that I’m trying out and what do I do? Forget to take pictures. I’ve become famous for that. I also start drawing blanks when I feel obligated to write a post..like it’s a sin if I go more than 2 days without updating this thing. I really let that pressure of “I must write something now” get to me. It becomes nearly impossible to get rid of that negativity and regain my train of thought. That’s when I become frustrated and walk away, but that solves nothing because I’m still left with no new posts.

On the other hand, every once in a blue moon I’ll have days when the topics just flow like water. I’ll either have lots of interesting things going on, cool projects I’m creating, or what have you. I had one of those days earlier this week..I came up with 7 or so great things to write about. Then I proceeded to forget half of them like a winner. Note to self- write these things down!!

So, now I’m stuck with nothing for today but the mess you see above because the topics I did manage to remember either got written about (see here & here) or aren’t ready to be published just quite yet. Stay tuned though, I promise to have some interesting content starting tomorrow (if I don’t get lazy and forget).

No comments:

Post a Comment