Wednesday, July 18, 2012

weekly wednesday weigh in

All these cranky, whiny posts can only mean one thing. I'm food deprived. And me being food deprived can only mean one thing. I'm doing well on my diet. Yayyyy!

Last week must've been rock bottom because I finally got my shit stuff together and stuck to it ALL week. Of course I had my slip ups. I mean, there was a birthday celebration AND a pool party to contend with but overall I did well. I've been consistently reminding myself to make smarter choices and allowing indulgences every once in a while instead of once a day. I've also been measuring portions and tracking points. All those things I said I would start doing for the past month or so. Finally.

The end result was definitely worth it. Once again, it's been a hot minute since I've actually stepped on a scale but I'm down about a pound from what I remember being last. The loss may not be the most accurate scale wise but I feel a substantial difference in my clothes and the way I feel in general, except for that fairly constant pang of hunger.

I even have goals. Do you hear that- GOALS! Crazy, I know. In the short term I'd just to try to eat more "clean". What that's currently meaning to me is focus on more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats and less on cheese (sad face) and processed junk. Well, not all processed junk is going bye bye. Any type of snack I like, besides carrots, is processed so if it's once a day and portion controlled it won't hurt. In the not so short term I'd like to do a 3 day cleanse, a homemade version of the blueprint cleanse to be specific. I'm going to try to fit that in sometime before the summer's over, hopefully. And long term? I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs. before our trip to Boston in late October.

If I can just keep this up and stick to my goals I'll be one happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment