Sunday, June 10, 2012

birthday celebrations 2 & 3

Soo, this entire weekend was spent celebrating my birthday and sleeping. No joke.

I had plans to start Saturday night off with some sangria and what goes best with that? Cheese! My mother had recommended a local grocery store that I'd usually turn my nose up at for some interesting, inexpensive cheeses and well, I should really listen to her more often. They had exactly what I needed.

Photobucket

It was my first attempt at a cheese plate. I think I did pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Everyone came by, drinks were had, cheeses were dug into, and since our apartment decided to be 1000 degrees it was off to Bozena for dinner. After we had our fill of perogies, we headed out for a night of unlimited laser tag and dodgeball. You'd think I was turning 12, not 26. Oh well, that's how I roll.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 Unfortunately, I was only able to get some shots of everyone engaged in a heated round of dodgeball. I was way too busy destroying the competition in laser tag, except for this one little girl who was constantly on my tail. I've never wanted to pistol whip someone so bad in my life...

Anywhooo, Sunday morning's trip to the herb farm wasn't so much of a birthday celebration..it was more like hubby going along with my irrational plans just to make my whole weekend perfect for me. He's so good.

We went there to buy flowers which could've been bought 5 minutes from home but the 45 minute drive is sooo worth it for some ambience.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 This place is cuter than cute. If you gave me a tent I wouldn't have a problem just living there. Can you tell I'm kind of in love? My only regret was not going there a little later on in the day. The vineyard down the block was having a complimentary wine tasting and I felt guilty about having a drink before noon for the 2nd day in a row.

Afterwards, we made our way to the father-in-law's house where my 2nd afternoon nap of the weekend was had. Then it was time for my 3rd celebratory dinner honoring the day of my birth.

And that was it, birthday festivities were over. I definitely felt a lot of love over these past few days. I'm truly lucky.

Now it's time to go shop with all the gift cards I got. I'll see ya next year birthday..

No comments:

Post a Comment