Sunday, June 3, 2012

to buy or not to buy

That is the question.

Let’s start this off by stating the fact that I’m a wee bit guilty of never picking up my mail from my parents house. That needs to be said to explain why a month’s worth of mail waiting patiently in a neat stack for me when I went there the other day is a normal occurrence. Usually, this doesn’t bother me. I sift through everything, separate the junk from the bills and most of the time it all just ends up in the shredder. Well, this time the stack was intimidating, a little scary even. It was a true test of my will power.

Reason why is contained in this stack of mail (besides junk and bills that have already been paid, thank you very much) were two Delia’s catalogs, two Alloy catalogs, and one each from Victoria’s Secret, Express, and NY&Co. My first thoughts were “Really? You have to hit me all at once? That’s not playing fair…”. Of course this was said to myself, I’m not that crazy where I speak to catalogs. But yea, I told myself a few times that my summer shopping was complete, finito, absolutely done-zo! So why am I still considering buying more stuff?? Oh yea, cuz I have a shopping problem. Duh. Of course I try to rationalize this decision to buy more by saying “Well, I didn’t use all my spending money on vacation soooo what’s the problem?”. Well, problem is I haven’t even worn half the stuff I’ve already bought and um, a deposit into that savings account of mine wouldn’t hurt.

For now, since I’m feeling all conflicted over more shopping, I’m just gonna pretend that I can buy all these pretty lil things and wear them happily in the warm summer sun. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13

1, 5, and 10 are looking mighty tempting. Maybe I’ll buy just a few things? I don’t think that could hurt..

No comments:

Post a Comment