Thursday, June 14, 2012

she went to prom

Awwwwww…

Photobucket
  
My nearest and dearest cousin, Alysha, had her prom this past weekend. I still haven’t wrapped my mind around the fact that is once little girl who loved nothing more than to lay on the couch with me and watch Cinderella and The Wizard of Oz endlessly is quickly becoming an adult, regardless of my attempts to stop her. I still remember her being a feisty 8 year old..she was adorable. I told her she had to stay that age forever and I still remind her to this day that I’m angry that she didn’t listen. I can't say I'm completely mad about that, though. It’d be kind of awkward to have an 8 year old be my maid of honor.

I arrived early to help her get ready and take pictures. It was exciting not only because I got to see her off but I got to run around for 3 hours with my camera capturing every single moment. I was in my glory. However, I now have a new found appreciation for photographers. I was exhausted after only 3 hours..they go on and on for 10+ hours with much heavier equipment than my tiny Sony.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Her hair and make-up were both done beautifully, her dress was stunning, her boyfriend was adorable in his tux, and of course..it wouldn’t be a big moment in someone’s life without my aunt getting teary eyed all over the place. Now that prom is done, the next step is graduation. I’m thankful that I won’t actually get to be there for the ceremony (I don’t think I could get through that without some tears) but I do plan on partyin' it up later on that night to help her celebrate. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment