Thursday, June 21, 2012

holy heat wave

It was 84 at 8:30 this morning when I pulled up to the office..that’s just all sorts of wrong.

Photobucket
 
This is day 2 of the first heat wave of the year and how appropriate that it rolls into town on the first day of summer. I’m telling you, if this is any indication of how the rest of the summer will be then I’m packing my bags for Alaska and I’ll see you in September.

Most of you who live in warmer climates, especially in the south, may say 84 in the morning and a high of 93..that’s called every day. Stop your bitching. But no, you guys don’t understand. Here on Long Island you’re never that far from water and you know what water and heat make? That’s right, kids. Humidity. Yesterday, the temperature combined with the humidity made it feel like it was 104 degrees. And I’m not exaggerating..that’s what the weatherman said, I swear.

These hotter than normal temps couldn’t have come at a worse time, too. Ryan is doing tons of overtime this week due to preparing for graduation ceremonies so I’ve taken on all responsibilities on the home front..cooking, dishes, vacuuming, dusting..you name it, it has to be done. The sauna that our apartment has become isn’t helping anything, either. Oh, and did I mention that I don’t even have time to relax at work because my supervisor is out this week and I’m going nuts. I’m about to lose it over here!

Photobucket

 Ok, enough of my ranting. Actually, there are a few good things coming from all this heat…

Photobucket

It’s become acceptable to eat big giant bowls of sugary cereal since that’s about the only cold breakfast food I have.

Photobucket

I’ve been living in adorable skirts. See, I knew I bought them all for a reason!

Photobucket

 I’m finally getting in my 64 oz. a day because I’m constantly thirsty (and I have a real fear of dehydration)

Photobucket

 It’s finally to officially kick off the season with one of these. Green Cactus’ shrimp burrito’s is one of the things that epitomize summer for me and therefore can only be eaten June through September.

Photobucket

This actually has nothing to do with it being hot but the premier of the snookie and jwoww show was tonight and we were superrrrr excited.

Oh yea, and I am lucky enough to work in an office where it’s cold enough to double as a meat locker. At least I’m getting 8 hours of being chilly a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment