Friday, August 10, 2012

new addition

I had this really great (ok, maybe only mediocre) post almost ready to go yesterday. Just had a few more thoughts to add, get it wrapped up, and add some pictures. Then I got distracted..

Photobucket

 by this adorable little mush face that now belongs to us!

Yup, we FINALLY got a puppy. Only took about 16 years from the time I was 10 and originally figured out that I wanted one. Not so bad.

So, let me introduce you.

Photobucket

 His name is Murphy and he's a 13 week old brown and white Boston Terrier. His favorite hobbies so far include hanging out in his bed,

Photobucket
Photobucket

 eating his rope and skunk,

Photobucket
Photobucket

sleeping in strange positions,

Photobucket

 and of course peeing 3 inches away from his wee wee pad. Sorry to disappoint but that hasn't been caught on film.

We knew we were getting close to adding a puppy to our family in June when we knew we would renew our lease. It took about a month to get the okay from our superintendent but about 2 weeks ago we got the go ahead.

I had planned on calling around yesterday while at work to go out looking. On Wednesday Ryan had said hey, why not call now? I immediately called 4 places but nothing felt "right". I finally checked the puppies available online at a nearby kennel and I see his tiny cute face. And he was brown..I had been dying for a brown one but I knew they were rare and it'd be unlikely.

We ended up driving over there that night and I fell for him in an instant. Thankfully, we were able to bargain his cost down to a place we were okay with and that was it. He was ours.

It was hard leaving him there but I knew it wouldn't be fair since we had to work the next day but the minute we could we bolted over there and brought him home. It's been a lot of tiresome work (for all parties involved) but I think me, Ryan, and Murphy are all going to be really happy together.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment